The Environmental Business Alliance (EB Alliance) is a partnership between the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber, Citizens for a Healthy Bay, Go Local, and the City of Tacoma that helps Pierce County businesses improve their environmental performance and increase their profitability. The Alliance provides businesses with access to resources and information about environmentally sustainable practices.
3 major components of the EB Alliance:
- Educate businesses on simple and effective ways they can reduce their impact on the environment. Alliance partners will help business do one or both of the following:
- Use a carbon calculator that estimates their carbon foot print based on basic usage data, such as the energy use in their building and how their employees commute to and from work.
- Participate in a free and confidential on-site assessment by Alliance partner Citizens for a Healthy Bay.
- Create events and educational seminars that form connections between businesses and the resources available in the area of sustainable business practices.
- Promote and market businesses that choose to participate in the Alliance and reduce their environmental impact.
Businesses that choose to join the Alliance help the environment, enhance their community, and improve their own bottom line. Members receive assistance from a growing list of resource partners and have the opportunity to reach more customers when the Alliance promotes the environmentally sustainable improvements their companies have made
Shift Happens January 30
EB-Alliance on Cityline
Cityline (archive) — September 8, 2011 (EB Alliance interview begins at the 17:40 mark)